Friday, October 24, 2008

I've got a bone to pick with you, Florida...

Seriously.

Remember that site where the "celebrities" buy their puppies?

Put your heads between your knees, because it gets worse. (Almost.)

Why? Whyyy?? How could you do this to me Florida?? I thought we were buddies! I visited you way back when I was in diapers and I fed your ducks. Okay, so I didn't call when I said I would, but you know how busy life gets...

Well-- let's break these two sites down, shall we?

1) They're both based in FL.
2) They both profess to be "boutiques" with "showrooms", bringing to mind small glittery stores where wedding dresses are sold and tea is served.
3) They both offer teacup dogs (whyyy??).
4) They both take pictures of their puppies with pretty bows and tiaras and pink things draped all over them.

Puppy Lanes goes one BETTER by adding glittering graphics that read messages like "I ♥ U". Oh, gag me with your smallest Chihuahua. But the best part is, look how scared and angry these babies look. Part of me wants to laugh. The other part wants to grab an armful of Yorkies and RUN.

I won't even go into the stupidity of breeding "teacup" dogs. If you read this blog, you probably already know.

Sigh.

Florida's good guys, please reassure me that still you're out there and not drowning in tiny sparkly dogs.

2 comments:

GoLightly said...

Ugh. Ack. Pftftthbpth. I just retched, sorry. Please, can't these people just stop? Poor tiny critters. Can you say "mutation" you stupid breeder?? Sorry, wrong word. You stupid Puppy-Miller???
I haven't seen the celebrity dog site yet, my ISP choked on it.. I don't think I want to.
The merle dane looks so ill. They all look sick, and scared, and WFT posing them like BarbieDolls????
retch, gotta go.
Great post, tho...

water_bearer said...

A Maltese / Havanese mix? WHY?????? JUST for size. Hate. Florida = my enemy. Between the number of hoarding cases, the number of horse neglect cases, and now the number of designer puppy mill idiots in the last year, I think I've just about had it with FL.